Identification of Dyslexia: The Special Education Opportunity Register
Date/Time: April 14, 2020, 9:00 AM
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children is offering a seminar for assessment professionals with graduate-level training and certification in test administration and interpretation, including Educational Diagnosticians, Licensed Specialists in School Psychology, Speech-Language Pathology, and Licensed Professional Counselors. The seminar will address identification through the full and individual evaluation process.Speakers:
Stephanie Forbis, M.A. and Brittany Benson, Ed.S
This seminar will highlight:
- Assessment data gathering that would suggest the need to consider Dyslexia.
- Test instruments and the decision-making process to more specifically evaluate the core features of Dyslexia within the context of a full and individual evaluation.
- Student profiles that require more in depth interpretation due to complications such as ADHD.
- Case studies will be presented.
- This seminar will not cover information regarding second language/bilingual assessment and identification.
Registration includes seminar materials, continental breakfast and lunch.
Registration closes April 6, 2020 or when seminar seating is filled.