Patient sitting in a red wagon

Make a Year-End Gift

Making a gift in support of our special mission before the end of the year, could mean reaping significant tax benefits while making a meaningful difference for our kids!

Federal tax guidelines permit contributions to qualified 501(c)(3) charities like Scottish Rite for Children to be deducted in the tax year the gifts are made. Monetary donations may be paid via cash or check, electronic funds transfer or credit card. Other year-end giving options include:

Securities and Mutual Funds
Donating Securities and Mutual Funds that have increased in value and have been held for at least one year may help you lower or even eliminate federal capital gains taxes on the transferred amount. You may also be entitled to a charitable deduction based on the fair market value at the time of the transfer.  

Current instructions for making fund transfers to Scottish Rite for Children can be downloaded here.

IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are over the age of 70½, you can distribute up to $100,000 per year from your IRA to Scottish Rite for Children, tax-free. This counts toward your minimum required distribution, but is not included as income for tax purposes. (Note: The RMD requirement has been waived for 2020, per the CARES Act signed into law on March 27, 2020.)

Donor Advised Fund
Gifts to your previously-established Donor Advised Fund may qualify as charitable deductions on your federal income taxes. Distributions to Scottish Rite for Children can be recommended from your Donor Advised Fund at any time.

Charitable Gift Annuity
Charitable Gift Annuities allow you to contribute cash, securities or other assets to Scottish Rite for Children and receive a fixed, monthly, quarterly or yearly distribution for life. In some circumstances, you can receive tax benefits on the original gift, as well as on annuity payments for a period of time based on your statistical life expectancy. 

Thank you for your interest in making a year-end gift in support of our children! For more information on these or other year-end giving options, please contact Development Officer, Mike Stimpson, at 214-559-7886. 

The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor.​