Brandon A. Ramo, M.D.
Chief Quality OfficerBrandon A. Ramo, M.D., is the Chief Quality Officer and a pediatric orthopedic surgeon at Scottish Rite for Children. He sees patients at our Dallas and Frisco campuses.
- Scoliosis & Other Spine Disorders
- Clubfoot & Other Foot Disorders
- Limb Lengthening & Reconstruction
- Hip Disorders
- Orthopedic Trauma
Areas of Treatment:
- Developmental Dysplasia of the Hip
- Scottish Rite for Children
- Children’s Health Dallas
- University of Georgia, B.S.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University General Surgery Residency
- Vanderbilt University Orthopaedic Surgery
- Scottish Rite for Children Dorothy and Bryant Edwards Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopaedics
- Orthopaedic Research and Education Foundation (OREF), Translating Genomics into Early Onset Scoliosis Clinical Care, July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2023, $240,000.
Co-PI: Carol Wise, Ph.D., and Brandon Ramo, M.D. Co-Investigators: Behrooz Akbarnia M.D., Charles Johnston, M.D., Amy L. McIntosh, M.D.
- Angela S. M. Kuo Award, Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America Grant, 2018 Recipient for “Health Related Quality of Life Outcomes in Patients with Early Onset Scoliosis”
- D Magazine Best Doctors in Dallas, Pediatric Orthopaedics, 2017
- Clinical Awards Paper Nominee: Radiographic, Pulmonary and Clinical Outcomes with Halo Gravity Traction. EPOSNA Annual Meeting, Barcelona, Spain, May 2-6, 2017
- SRS Hibbs Clinical Research Awards Paper Nominee: Repeat Surgical Intervention Following Definitive Instrumentation and Fusion for Adolescent Idiopathic Scoliosis: a 25 Year Update. 50th SRS Annual Meeting & Course, Minneapolis, MN, Sept 30 – Oct 3, 2015
- Clinical Awards Paper Nominee: Intramedullary Nailing Of Femur Fractures In Preschool Age Children Does Not Improve Radiographic Outcomes Vs. Immediate Spica Casting But Does Increase Intervention. POSNA Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA, April 30-May 2, 2015
- Boone Pickens Annual Spine Research Award, 2011
- Phi Beta Kappa Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children Fellowship
- University of Georgia, summa cum laude graduate with Highest Honors
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 2014
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, active member
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America, active member
- Scoliosis Research Society, candidate member
- Tachdjian’s Pediatric Orthopaedics, Fifth Edition, contributing author
- QSVI Committee, Spine Sub-Section, POSNA 2018-2020
- History and Archives Committee, POSNA, 2015-2019
- Patient Education Committee, SRS, 2017-2018
- History and Archives Committee, Chair, POSNA 2016-2018
Editorial Board Member or Reviewer
- Reviewer: Journal of Childrens Orthopaedics; 2019 – present, Editorial Board Member 2021-present
- Reviewer: Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedics, 2016 – present
- Reviewer: Bone and Joint Journal, 2021
- Reviewer: Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics-B, 2019 – present
- Reviewer: Journal of Pediatric Orthopaedics; 2015 - present