Boundless Centennial Campaign
Learn more about our Centennial celebration.
Our goal for the Boundless Centennial Campaign is to raise $100 million. We have an ambitious plan and urgent needs for expansion and renovation, patient care and research initiatives.
Through the generosity and commitment from the community and all our friends, Scottish Rite for Children has been able to provide exceptional health care to more than 300,000 patients since 1921. With your continued support, we can give hope to even more children in our second century.
Scottish Rite for Children is renowned for its pediatric orthopedic excellence and commitment to quality improvement. Since 2009, we have been ranked consistently among the Top 5 orthopedic programs in the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals survey. Recognized by NRC Health with the Excellence Award, Scottish Rite for Children is the only children’s hospital in the country to repeatedly be awarded this national distinction for exceptional commitment to complete pediatric care.
We provide each child and family our unique brand of comprehensive care, which is in a class by itself and unlike what any other health care provider can offer. We truly believe Scottish Rite for Children represents the best health care philanthropic investment in our community.
Discover how the last 100 years have shaped who we are.
Help us make the next 100 years equally amazing.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Boundless Centennial Campaign?For the first time since it was established in 1921, Scottish Rite for Children has initiated a capital campaign. The Boundless Centennial Campaign honors our patients for their boundless potential to be and do whatever they wish, with the help of our experts to make these dreams possible. Coinciding with our upcoming centennial celebration in 2021, funds raised through the Boundless Centennial Campaign will be invested in our future to ensure our traditions of providing excellence, world-renowned care and hope to our patient families continue for the next 100 years.
What is the goal of the Boundless Centennial Campaign?The goal of the Boundless Centennial Campaign is to raise $100 million. To continue our commitment in providing world-renowned care to children, it is imperative that we invest in our infrastructure, research and patient care initiatives in order to guarantee a legacy of exceptional care for our patients and families during our second century.
How will funds be used?Funds can be directed to support urgent priorities including patient care, research and brick-and-mortar projects. An acute need is the expansion and renovation of our Surgical Services Infrastructure at the Dallas campus. This is the foundation of our facility for all surgical care provided at Scottish Rite for Children. We are hopeful that a significant portion of funds raised through the Boundless Centennial Campaign will support the $70 million we anticipate spending in the next five to seven years to update our Surgical Services Infrastructure in Dallas.
What are the enhancements at the Dallas campus?The Surgical Services Infrastructure project is underway to renovate the Operating Rooms, Day Surgery and Inpatient Unit. Enhancements include:
- The area allocated for delivery of surgical services will increase 60%, from 14,030 to 22,350 square feet.
- An increase from four to six operating rooms that are 30% larger to allow for new technology.
- The post-anesthetic care unit (PACU or “recovery room”) will increase from five to 10 beds and feature new integrated nursing stations.
- Day Surgery will increase more than tenfold from 870 to 8,924 square feet – including 12 private rooms and a dedicated family waiting space.
- Anticipated surgical capacity will increase from 2,300 cases/year to more than 3,000 cases annually.
- More than 4,600 square feet of usable space will have been added to Scottish Rite's Dallas campus current footprint at the project's completion.
Why is the Surgical Services Infrastructure Project Important Now?Scottish Rite for Children currently provides its world-renowned surgical services with infrastructure that was designed over 40 years ago. Because health care has changed dramatically in this timeframe, it is now necessary to modernize all of the infrastructure involved in the delivery of the organization's surgical services: sterile processing, operating rooms, day surgery and inpatient facilities. Logistically, updating the infrastructure for surgical services will be a complex task as we will need to continue to provide surgical services while constructing new facilities. In organizing the proposed project, we have developed a plan that will allow uninterrupted service to our patients. In order to maintain our position of leadership in providing unparalleled care and better comply with regulatory best-practice guidelines, we must continually invest and innovate.
How long will the Surgical Services Infrastructure Project Take to Complete?We anticipate the complete renovation of all four areas (sterile processing, operating rooms, day surgery and inpatient facilities) will take five to seven years.
Why should I give to the Boundless Centennial Campaign?Scottish Rite for Children is consistently ranked among the top pediatric orthopedic hospitals across the globe. Since 2009, we have been ranked among the top 5 orthopedic programs in the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Children’s Hospitals survey. We are excited to be a four-time winner of the NRC Health Excellence Award for exceptional pediatric care, based on satisfaction scores submitted by our patients and families, and we are the only children’s hospital in the country to repeatedly be awarded this distinction. Through steady support from the community and all our friends, Scottish Rite for Children can continue to give more patients expert orthopedic care and help them achieve their boundless potential in the next century.
How will the new facilities impact my child’s life?Our patients frequently say that Scottish Rite for Children provided them with hope when no one else could. Every gift to the Boundless Centennial Campaign supports our commitment to helping children reach their boundless potential, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Modernizing our infrastructure will elevate the facility to a level that matches our extraordinary staff and offers an incomparable health care environment. The updated infrastructure will also offer improved privacy and safety and result in significant stress relief for our patients and their families, as well as for our clinical team.
Who should I contact with questions?
EXPANSION AND RENOVATION
- Accessibility to outstanding medical care is what we strive to provide, in order to give the best pediatric care to even more children. In October 2018, Scottish Rite for Children Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Center opened in Frisco, Texas. This was the first location outside of Dallas in our history, offering world-class care and day surgery to residents of North Texas and beyond. Scottish Rite for Children at The Star was added in December 2019 for outpatient visits and referrals. On the Dallas campus, our ambitious Surgical Services Infrastructure Project is underway to renovate the Operating Rooms, Day Surgery and Inpatient Unit that were built 40 years ago.
- With more than 250 active research projects, our clinical and basic studies have focused on patient-oriented research, in order to discover the underlying causes of disorders and translate those discoveries into preventions or cures for patients. To date, our scientists and clinicians have been awarded over 50 patents on revolutionary medical devices. In 2007, our researchers also identified the first gene associated with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and have mapped six additional genes that affect expression of the disease. Scottish Rite for Children plans to expand its expertise in molecular mechanisms and establish model systems critical for studying musculoskeletal disease and for testing therapies.
Patient Care Initiatives
Scottish Rite for Children has been described as “a place like no other.” It is unique, special, magical and unforgettable. The physicians and clinical team care for the whole child by leveraging their expertise with ancillary services and customized treatment plans, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. To further enrich the patient experience and continue providing exceptional orthopedic care to more children, significant investment will be needed in state-of-the-art medical equipment and the patient assistance program to help ease the burden of medical expenses for families.