Pediatric Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: Fundamentals Course
Date/Time: November 19, 2022, 8:00 AM
The course is now full. Please join the wait list here.
This program is intended for pediatric professionals interested in an introduction to musculoskeletal ultrasound.
The intended audience includes pediatricians, sports medicine providers, rheumatologists, emergency medicine providers, advanced practice providers, urgent care providers, physical therapists, athletic trainers, chiropractors and sonographers.
Program capacity is limited to 28 participants. This will provide an optimal ratio of learners with instructors and equipment.
Jon A. Jacobson, M.D., RMSK, FACR
- Discuss transducer and equipment setting selections for pediatric musculoskeletal ultrasound examinations.
- Discuss the basic pediatric musculoskeletal anatomy pertinent to ultrasound of children at different ages.
- Identify and discuss the appearance of the growing articular skeleton when obtaining a musculoskeletal ultrasound on children.
- Describe normal findings and common pathology on ultrasound of the major joints and other musculoskeletal structures.
- Discuss the spectrum of musculoskeletal ultrasound-guided interventional procedures.
- Describe the benefits and limitations of musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnosis and intervention.
Accreditation and Credit Designation Statements
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Scottish Rite for Children. The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
$450 after October 1, 2022
$550 onsite registration
Registrants will be notified by email if the course is canceled for unforeseen reasons. To request a refund for extenuating circumstances, email email@example.com on or before November 1, 2022.
Local hotel information is available upon request.
Omni Frisco Hotel
11 Cowboys Way, Frisco, TX 75034
The luxurious Omni property serves as a cornerstone of the mixed-use development, which is anchored by the Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters and the Ford Center. The hotel, Cowboys facilities and other retail outlets are all part of the 91-acre development, The Star. The Star, the social hub of Frisco and Home of the Dallas Cowboys with plenty of shopping and restaurants.
To book at our exclusive nightly rate of $229 (based upon availability), you must contact Christina at Christina@visitfrisco.com or 972-292-5265. You must provide first/last name, email, arrival and departure date. Please note that a credit card will be required to hold the room.
Additional hotel information is available upon request.