Pediatric Musculoskeletal Ultrasound: Fundamentals Course Register
Date/Time: November 18, 2023, 8:00 AM
This program is intended for pediatric professionals interested in an introduction to musculoskeletal ultrasound.
The intended audience includes pediatricians, sports medicine providers, rheumatologists, emergency medicine providers, advanced practice providers, urgent care providers, physical therapists, athletic trainers, chiropractors and sonographers.
Program capacity is limited to provide an optimal ratio of learners with instructors and equipment.
- Discuss transducer and equipment setting selections for pediatric musculoskeletal ultrasound examinations.
- Discuss the basic pediatric musculoskeletal anatomy pertinent to ultrasound of children at different ages.
- Identify and discuss the appearance of the growing articular skeleton when obtaining a musculoskeletal ultrasound on children.
- Describe normal findings and common pathology on ultrasound of the major joints and other musculoskeletal structures.
- Discuss the spectrum of musculoskeletal ultrasound-guided interventional procedures.
- Describe the benefits and limitations of musculoskeletal ultrasound for diagnosis and intervention.
Accreditation and Credit Designation Statements
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Scottish Rite for Children. The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This activity has been approved by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 7.50 CCUs for PTs and PTAs.
$550 after October 1, 2023
Registrants will be notified by email if the course is canceled for unforeseen reasons. To request a refund for extenuating circumstances, email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before October 1, 2023.