Heather Richard, Psy.D.
Director, Psychology DepartmentHeather Richard, Psy.D., is a pediatric psychologist who has provided psychological consultation and care to children at Scottish Rite Hospital for over 12 years. She completed her internship in Health Psychology at the VA North Texas Medical Center and her fellowship at Scottish Rite Hospital. She received her Master’s and Doctoral degrees in Clinical Psychology at Nova Southeastern University. She was in the Health Psychology Concentration and completed practica working with children in intensive care units, surgery units, schools and outpatient mental health centers. Her interests are in integrated care and consultation, preparing patients for surgery and improving outcomes after orthopedic surgery.
- UT Southwestern Medical Center Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Associate Professor
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
- Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, Doctorate in Psychology
- Nova Southeastern University, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, M.S. Clinical Psychology
- Lake Forest College, Lake Forest, Illinois, B.A. Psychology/Spanish
- VA North Texas Healthcare System, Dallas, Texas, Clinical Psychology
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, Texas, Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship
- American Psychological Association
- Society of Pediatric Psychology (Division 54)
- Health Psychology (Division 38)
- American Pain Society
- Dallas Psychological Association