Oct 05, 2021 / Centennial
Staff Spotlight: Birthday Edition
October 10 is a big birthday, not only for Scottish Rite for Children, but also all of these staff members!
Aubry Weatherred, Dental Courtney McIntyre, Orthopedics
Becky Ketch, Radiology Ellen Dillard, Dietary
Brooke Cargile, Dyslexia Sarah Atkins, Neurology
What’s one thing you learned in the past year?
- If I can give birth, I can do anything! – Aubry
- That one of the most important things in life is to foster strong relationships with loved ones around you. – Becky
- A deeper understanding of what it means to be resilient. – Brooke
- That it is okay to jump out and be uncomfortable in order to grow and better yourself. – Courtney
- To celebrate the little victories in life. – Ellen
- To embrace change and be flexible. – Sarah
What’s one thing you’d love to learn this year?
- I would love to work on learning another language. – Becky
- I would love to accomplish a triathlon! I thoroughly enjoy running and cycling and finally dipped my toes into swimming more regularly. – Courtney
- How to take more time for myself while juggling everything else. – Sarah
What do you wish for in the next year?
- I wish for calm in the next year. – Brooke
- I wish and hope for more travel adventures this next year. I love going to new places and experiencing new things. – Courtney
- Health and happiness for my family and me. – Ellen
What was the best thing about being your age?
- I look forward to seeing more, doing more and learning more, every year. – Becky
- The best thing about being my age is becoming more comfortable in my own skin. – Brooke
- Being a first-time mom and growing our little family. – Sarah
What was the most fun thing you did in the last year?
- I went to Hawaii for two weeks. – Aubry
- I have had the chance to spend a lot of time with my 10-month-old nephew, he has brought so much joy to my life! – Becky
- I took a family trip to my mother’s home state of Hawaii. While there, we had the most incredible interactions with wild dolphins in the ocean and alongside our boat. Simply joyous and amazing! – Brooke
- My husband and I went adventuring in Boise, Idaho, and we went skiing at Bogus Basin. – Courtney
- Hiking and swimming at Crater Lake, Oregon – Ellen
- Last summer, my husband and I went to Torrey Pines in San Diego. Breathtaking views! – Sarah
Do you have a favorite birthday memory?
- One year, my friends and I toilet papered my own house, so we wouldn’t get in trouble for rolling someone else’s house. – Aubry
- My mom’s birthday is two days before mine, so I have fond memories of us celebrating our birthdays together throughout the years. – Becky
- My favorite birthday memory is my mother’s homemade cheesecake as my birthday cake! With that, I now realize the true gift it was to have her here to make it. – Brooke
- When I was really little, I was bummed because my Dad was always out of town on business trips and was going to be gone on my birthday. He once sent a sweet flower bouquet and later surprised me by coming home on my birthday! – Courtney
- Throughout the years, my mother would always take great care to make me a homemade birthday cake with an amazing theme. I always looked forward to that! – Ellen
- I once had an epic tea party, with a magician, for my 5th birthday. My parents set up white tables and chairs on our front porch, and my Dad dressed up in his tuxedo and was our waiter. My friends and I made jewel clip on earrings, and we played dress up. – Sarah